Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Questions for Reflection and Writing: "How It Feels to Be Colored Me"

A lable I would give myself is silly and happy. I say that becasue I am always making people happy in silly things I do or say. I could compare myself to Hurst by saying I was raised in an all-Samoan community in Park Village, Compton. Being raised in a all-Samoan community was diffrerent when I came to Grandview, Missouri. There were more white people that I have ever seen in my life. When I went to school people looked at me weird when I said I was "Samoan." I guess they never really heard of it. It relates because people looked at me differently. They saw me as a different race they never heard of.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,

    Being raised as a different ethnicity may raise some similarities as Hurston's situation in this essay. Would you agree or disagree? Please explain.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would agree because, different cultures and other things are done different than it is in america.Between Hurstons and mines i would say theres a lot of similiarities.

    ReplyDelete